Colleen had a rare opportunity to sit down with her father, Pastor Chuck Swindoll, to talk about the hard stories and real-life woes their family has dealt with. Many may think that in almost 60 years of full-time kingdom ministry, their family has been exempt from struggles. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
Listen in to hear how they handle everyday and extreme fear and anxiety and learn:
- How the unexpected and unknown intensifies our emotions
- The differences between fear and anxiety
- How fear and our unhealthy response to it can become almost addictive
- What the number one command in scripture is
- Why the presence of a safe and caring friend helps calm our fears
- How the truth and presence of the Holy Spirit bring peace
- Why our small wins and victories were intended to be shared with others
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” – John 10:10
This priceless conversation is also available as an audio podcast. Join Colleen and Chuck for a table discussion about how to handle fear and anxiety in our everyday lives.
Find more resources to build your faith at reframingministries.com and insight.org.
Let Me Hear from You
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Want more? Subscribe to automatically receive our latest podcast full of help, hope, healing, and humor from and for people walking through pain.