Few things test our faith more than when our loved ones suffer. We question God, we question our faith, we question what we believe. Life can turn upside down in a second.
Few people understand this more than Tim and Jamie Schultz. Following God’s leading, Tim left a very financially secure position and entered full-time ministry.
Shortly thereafter, Tim and Jamie’s lives were forever changed as God allowed their daughter, Anna, to be born with life-threatening conditions.
Anna is alive today, but life for the Schultz family is never free from challenges.
Regardless of where your faith may be, this interview reveals that when we trust in a great God, He provides in ways we cannot imagine. Life is not without pain, but we can live fully and joyfully with pain if we put our trust and faith in the right place. This interview is life-changing.
Watch the Interview
- Meet Tim and Jamie Schultz, proud parents of a child that was never expected to live.
- How did you react when you sensed God was moving you into a whole new career?
- How did God bring together all these major events in your life?
- How did you hear there might be something wrong with your baby?
- How did you react to the news about your baby’s rare condition?
- What word from your doctor caused you to wrestle with what you know about God?
- With so many voices trying to influence you, how did you decide who to listen to?
- What tools do you use to cope with the regular waves of grief that come over you?
- How did you see God at work during the birth of your daughter?
- How has your daughter changed your lives?
- What is different about your eternal perspective in light of your daughter?
- How did a trip to Walt Disney World turn into a lesson on God’s goodness?
- What do you say to those who are hopeless in their grief?
Let Me Hear from You
You may not have a special needs child or a life-threatening condition. However, we all will encounter something so big, a hurdle so high, we cannot cross it by our own strength.
In those seasons we have a choice: find a strength bigger than ourselves or try and go it on our own.
Tim and Jamie Schultz chose to trust Christ—a decision that has offered hope in the midst of hopeless circumstances. Hopeless without a God bigger than their circumstances.
If you are struggling today with hope, with life, with sorrow, with having to embrace what you never expected, please contact Reframing Ministries today. We are here to help, to encourage, and to speak hope into your life.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Insight for Living Ministries Resources
- When Life Isn’t Fair: What They Didn’t Tell Us in Sunday School, by Colleen Swindoll Thompson
- Reframing Life: Focusing on God When Life Gets Sideways, by Colleen Swindoll Thompson