It’s something we all long to possess yet it’s one of the rarest qualities to find. I’m talking about COURAGE. Courage is the internal fortitude to keep moving forward in the face of fear, hardships, and challenges.
Courage enables us to cultivate endurance and resilience; it is the by-product of a tenacious spirit.
- Professional life coach
- Wife of 50 years
- Lover of life
Jan Silvious offers a lifetime of wisdom to all of us learning to navigate life with joy and hope.
This interview presents three truths that are critical to life:
- God knows
- God cares
- God provides
For every season in our lives, these truths are foundational to having a courageous spirit.
Watch the Interview
- How can churches encourage more intergenerational activities and relationships?
- How are intergenerational relationships beneficial?
- What events caused you to want to develop resilience?
- When you resist the temptation to bury your head in the sand, what do you gain?
- What do you say to the person who has been unable to pay attention to the difficult issues in his or her life?
- What is the only true antidote to fear?
- How do you use the power of laughter to reframe tough situations?
- How has laughter helped you get through a difficult time?
- When life gets hard, how does Christ become our lifeline?
- In times of tragedy, what does our faith say to others about the power of the gospel?
- How do we let go of things we really want when it’s clear God wants to give us something else?
- How does time help us gain perspective on understanding how God works?
- What does it mean to find a “new normal” when we are grieving?
- What can you say to the person choosing to avoid grief instead of living through it?
- What do we learn about the goodness of God when we enter “the unknown”?
Let Me Hear from You
Change in any season of life brings us to question our ability to navigate through it well. While most resist change, it is the most significant way to help cultivate courage, strength, confidence, values, and character.
It is our character that enables us to move forward—trusting Christ is with us and remaining faithful to us. How are you navigating life these days? Have you been running from what the Lord longs for you to embrace?
How accepting are you of what He allows? Have you incorporated laughter and ways of managing stress that keep you healthy? What one area of your life do you need help with in moving forward? Together, we can live a courageous, adventurous life!
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Jan Silvious Resources
To connect with Jan, find her resources, or read more of her literature, please visit her Web site, jansilvious.com.