Without question, anxiety is a pervasive problem in today’s world. We are bombarded with fear-laden messages of unrest and uncertainty, leading most of us to get all entangled with confusing, anxious thoughts.
Instead of taking things to the Lord and finding rest, we habitually ruminate over what we cannot control—which only makes things worse. Amy Simpson knows this cycle all too well.
Amy was raised in an unstable environment which caused tremendous confusion and anxiety. As an adult, Amy has faced her anxiety head-on and offers us all fantastic hope with truth that sets us free.
Watch the Interview
- Where did you find the inspiration for this book?
- What do you mean when you say we have to be countercultural when dealing with our anxieties?
- How do you differentiate between fear, anxiety, and worry?
- What are some debilitating effects of anxiety?
- Why is it easy to believe God loves the world but He doesn’t love me?
- Why does it seem there is a difference between what I affirm about God and what I believe about God?
- What are some physiological effects of prayer and other spiritual disciplines?
- What words do you have for those who have tried everything to overcome anxiety?
Let Me Hear from You
How do you handle your worries? Do you struggle with anxious thoughts, trying to shut them out by staying busy or attempting to fix what is uncomfortable or difficult? Without Christ, we will never find full rest and peace on this side of heaven. John 16:33 says:
“Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (NLT)
For those who struggle with anxiety, we must run to the truth which promises rest for the weary and peace for the anxious. If you have not already trusted Christ as your Savior, I ask you to lay down the fight, give your life and all its challenges to Christ, and trust Him as your Lord.
There is no peace on earth like the peace that comes from knowing Christ and finding strength for each day in Him alone. Please connect with us as you move away from worry and into the peaceful presence of Christ Jesus.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Amy Simpson Resources
You can find all of Amy’s information, resources, and ways to connect by going to her Web site.
Reframing Ministries Resources