We’ve all said a time or two, “The problem with life is that it’s so daily”! Horns honking, kids crying, TV’s blaring, bills to pay, laundry to fold, and dishes to wash; we’re all driven to distraction.
Sadly, such distractions also limit our focus on what’s really important. In fact, have you stopped recently to ask yourself what IS really important? Where is my focus? Have I become too narrow—so focused on today that my perspective on life has lost its meaning? Where is my vision?
Gordon Mote speaks to this because he has chosen to focus on life’s bigger picture. Gordon and his younger brother were both born blind, yet both clung to God’s direction for their lives. Their vision—captivating, inspiring, illuminating, energizing—is embedded in their hearts. Gordon shares how God has used his blindness to see life through the eyes of his soul—eyes that remain focused on reaching the lost and restoring the discouraged.
Watch the Interview
- How did your parents handle having two kids born blind?
- How was your experience as a mainstream student in Alabama?
- Did you experience any bullying in school?
- What are some ways parents can help their kids see the positive side when they are bullied or lonely?
- Why do good things happen to bad people?
- Was there a time in your life when you wondered, What is the purpose for my life?
- How did you get around when you moved to a new city? How did you not sink into depression or discouragement?
- What was it like to get married? What qualities does your wife Kimberly have that offer you support?
- Where do you get your inspiration for your songs?
- How did you learn about Insight for Living Ministries? Is there an organization that could help my family with a disabled loved one go on the cruise?
- How do you invite others to know Christ?
- What do you say to those who doubt God right now? How have you responded to those who say you need more faith to be healed?
- What will life be like “on the other side”?
Let Me Hear from You
Without question, life’s daily demands can cause us to constrict our vision. But without a vision, we lose sight of what’s really important. Have you asked yourself what is important to you recently? What do you value? What are your fears? If you let go, what’s the worst thing that could happen? Certainly, Gordon Mote could have feared letting go, failing, stumbling and falling; but he opened his hands to what Christ has allowed in his life. Are you willing to open your hands to Christ?
I want to help you when you stumble and fumble through fears—so that you might find new light and life at the end of your tunnel. So please connect with me . . . let’s talk through the challenges you are facing today and how to have a new and bright tomorrow.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Gordon Mote Resources
Insight for Living Ministries Resources
Insight for Living Ministries continues to expand its topical pages, offering incredible resources of help, hope, truth, and encouragement.
The suggested topical pages for this interview include:
Autism on the Seas offers cruise vacations for families, adults, and group homes living with children with autism, Down syndrome, and other intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Visit their Web site for more information.