Life is full of ups and downs we never expected. For some, the surprising twists and turns change everything about life. It even seems impossible.
Amy Robertson understands challenges, change, and choices in the midst of unbearable pain.
Watch the Interview
When Amy Robertson’s youngest son, Dustin, was diagnosed with severe autism just before he turned 3, life was difficult.
When Dustin turned 11, the difficult turned into utter despair.
The good news is that God was faithful to bring Amy and her family through the difficult decision of placing Dustin in a group home. Amy’s authentic message of despair, acceptance, surrender, grief, and choices is saturated with truth, comfort, and the amazing hope provided by our faithful God.
We all encounter a crisis or event that appears impossible to endure and demands we choose to walk by faith. If you find yourself in a place of darkness, despair, or doubt, Amy’s story will offer an abundance of encouragement and hope.
Here are some of the questions we talked through in our interview.
- What kind of an experience has this been for your family?
- How did this affect Dustin’s siblings?
- What were Dustin’s behaviors when young and then as he got older?
- When his behaviors changed, how did that affect your relationship with God?
- What was the transition like when you moved Dustin to his home?
- How did Dustin’s move affect his brothers and your family life?
- What passages of Scripture or simple truths helped you press on?
Let Me Hear from You
- What is your impossible situation?
- How has it affected your relationship with God?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Books by Charles R. Swindoll
- Perfect Trust
- The Prayers of Charles R. Swindoll, vol. 1-2
- Destiny: Choosing to Change the Course of Your Life
CD Series by Charles R. Swindoll
- Encouraging Words for Discouraging Days (4 CD series)
MP3 Instant Downloads by Charles R. Swindoll
- Timely Reminders of God’s Sovereignty
- What Job Teaches Us about Our God
- What Job Teaches Us about Ourselves